Sunday, July 1, 2012

Home to the Armadillos

I got an early morning email from my buddy Annie Oakley, "We are at the [Jerry Jeff Walker} concert. Miss ya. Come home with the Armadillos!!!"  It's a song, the London Homesick Blues.



I'm on my way.  This trip to London is finished.  As always, I am sad to leave friends.  Also, as always for these temporary trips, my liver needs to recover.  Yasha and I have indulged in food and drink more in the past 4 weeks than in the months since Christmas.

Speaking of vices, a comment on coffee.  Like friends, I miss good coffee when I am at home.  Some of my friends wonder what I am going on about because they think I make great coffee.  No lie, I have a small set of friends who, when they walk into my house, request that I make coffee because it's the best they've ever had.  I glow in the compliment, but it really just underscores how bad American coffee is.  No one here, especially my Italian babysitters, will drink my coffee.  They tease me about my coffee.  I've taken lessons this time.  So for my American friends who thought I made good coffee previously, now I can make some serious brew.  I'm not making any for the 4th, though. It'll be too dang hot.

I hopefully will have opportunity to write on the plane.  Don't laugh.  My kids are all over four now. I might be able to get out my laptop. It is a day flight, so it isn't like I'm going to sleep. TKT, I should have a 'what to do with kids in London' post up soon.  Other posts on education, healthcare, and trends in fan fiction--those require actual concentration and might take longer.

3 comments:

N.puma said...

Texas will be glad to have y'all back! ;)

Kinsey Holley said...

Jealous of Annie, looking forward to seeing y'all. I wonder if it's going to rain on Wednesday - cause it's raining now, so the Tuesday poker party will likely be a mudfest.

The Seester needs to try your coffee. Have you ever seen that woman when her morning coffee is delayed? I was scared.

Kinsey Holley said...

Ok, no - according to current predictions, the 4th will be sunny.

I'm bringing wine. If you need any last minute stuff, let me know and I can bring it.