Friday, March 18, 2011

The Third British Invasion

Since I do not listen to American radio--I am across the Pond after all--I did not know that Mumford and Sons was popular over there.  Actually, I did not know that the were popular over here either.  A friend who was getting a divorce had them on a loop in her car last year (if you listen to the lyrics of Sigh No More, you might notice some themes that would resonate for someone going through a divorce); I liked them and downloaded the album.  Then I caught this from the Times today: Excerpt of Mumford and Sons article hopefully to return when I get a copyright issue sorted out.

2 comments:

Kacie said...

I love them. I didn't at first, but they are addicting, and their lyrics are intriguing.

AHLondon said...

I know what you mean. The first time I heard them, they intrigued me. When I bought the album myself, I was a bit 'eh'. Then I started putting together two posts on Christianity, one in pop culture and one a US UK comparison, and gave them a listen again. This time I got hooked. Must be like coffee--an acquired taste.